Disappointing Products 001

disappointing products 001 rottenotter rotten otter blog
Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser -  Before I bought this I'd read so many great reviews on it so I assumed I'd like it as well. I don't like to just wipe off a cleanser so I was this off with water which I've read other people doing as well. You can see I've used about a third so I have given it a good try but it just doesn't seem to work for me. It doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts and it's not a bad product, it just doesn't really do anything to my skin. It's like my skin would feel the same way if I'd just washed it with water. I wish I'd saved my money and spent it on a cleanser I know actually benefits my skin.

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips - I wasn't sure if I should put these nail polish strips in this post as I've since tried a different design and they worked really well. I was disappointed with this green design as they just would not stick to the nail at all. The packaging was properly sealed so they shouldn't have dried out. I'd still recommend giving these a dry, just with an open mind as they might not work!

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara - This is another product that has gotten a lot of hype recently but it just doesn't work for me. I usually prefer plastic wands to brushes so I thought I was off to a good start but this applies horribly on me. It clumps and doesn't give any volume at all. Not worth the money at all and I'm going to struggle to use it up.

The Body Shop Chocomania Body Scrub - I was really surprised to be including a Body Shop product in this post as I've liked everything I've tried from the brand so far and I've bought from them for years. I was excited to add this to my order as I love chocolate scents and had heard great things about this scent. It does smell amazing but it's the formula which turns it into a horrible product. It looks promising in the tub but once the product hits water it just sort of forms a paste and doesn't even feel like it has any exfoliating particles in it. It sort of turns into brownie batter and just clumps in the bottom of the bath tub. I never throw away products that are hardly used, even if I don't like it I try to make it work but I just can't with this. It's going straight into the bin.

Dainty Doll Eyeshadow Primer - I'm glad I only paid about £1.50 for this eyeshadow primer as it's certainly not worth the £10.50 price tag. I don't have a problem with shadow creasing and I can wear shadow without a primer but when I used this my shadow creased within a few hours. It's also quite hard to blend out and doesn't have a very nice formula. Despite being a cream product, it feels really dry and chalky on the skin.

Pommade Divine Hand Cream - I've heard great things about the original Pommade Divine so I thought I'd try out the hand cream. I really hate the scent, it smells like cologne but not in a nice way, and it's what's stopping me from using it. Smell is a bit thing for me when it comes to products, it's a nice hand cream but the scent, urgh ...


Comments

  1. I've heard so much hype about The Rocket mascara, shame to hear that it didn't work for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´ve got one mascara from Maybelline, the Falsies, and it´s perfect. When I apply it, my lashes are so long and thick! :)


    http://anesagill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good and bad things about the rocket mascara; it's too bad it didn't work well for you. Maybelline has so many mascaras though, hopefully you'll find one you absolutely love.
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to try the Maybelline Rocket mascara but I've heard very mixed reviews on it. I think I'll give it a go anyway but now I'm a little scared.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt the same about the Dainty Doll eyeshadow primer, way too chalky to look good and didn't really do anything for me either x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ill keep note on them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts