Bedroom Alterations Part 1

bedroom makeover changes interior design decoration painting decorating rottenotter rotten otter blog 2
I'm the type of person who gets bored of their surroundings pretty quickly and I'm constantly changing how my bedroom looks. I usually have a furniture switch around every six months or so. I also have a lot of junk stuff which from looking at the photo above, is looking extremely cluttered and not at all how I want my room to look. Despite most things having a place, it all just looks very messy. A quick look at my home board on Pinterest and you can sort of see how I want my room to look eventually. Every thing is very minimal and everything has it's own place, a lot of pastel accents, plain walls and white furniture.

The first thing to do: paint over the lily wallpaper.

I want to try and make the two bookcases stand out more and look like decorations themselves instead of just housing all my books. Despite all the little touches like my perfume bottles, decorations and colour co-ordinated books, it all just looks lost among the wallpaper. I still like the wallpaper and it's been up for a good 5 years or so but it's just not my taste anymore. I've decided to paint the wall a light grey which should go with everything else in my room. It also means whatever duvet cover I have on my bed wont clash with my wall paper anymore and nearly all colours go with grey.
changes to my bedroom rottenotter rotten otter blog 1
My next project? Sort out this side of the room! Again, it's too cluttered and messy despite everything having it's own place. I'm hoping a couple of cardboard boxes from Ikea to store my handbags and a change around of furniture will help a lot. Also quite a bit of decluttering is in need.

Once my room is all done I'll be sharing more photos but I want to try and get it so I'm happy with all areas of it first.

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin'

Comments

  1. I have those polka dot boxes from ikea - in blue and white for random books that can't fit in my book case - i feel your woes about trying to make everything look tidy whilst still having a place - it's a bloomin' nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh I can't wait to see the makeover but I must say I already love the other side of the room with the desk! :) I think painting over wallpaper is a good idea - like you've mentioned now everything is kind of lost...

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm forever trying to improve how my room looks, it's something I love doing. Never thought about light grey walls, such a good idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh it's so wonderful! I really want to change some things in my room :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its always best to make small changes rather than go in all guns blazing! Looking forward to seeing how you progress with your bedroom revamp!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure it will look amazing! You have some great pieces - I'd die for that arm chair and a similar pouf.

    I recently posted pictures of my own room, which if your Pinterest board is anything to go by, you will probably like. Well, in case you need some more inspiration.

    - Elodie x
    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room is really big ! There's so much you can do with it. I totally understand the whole clutter thing, I own way too many things for my own good ! Can't wait to see your progress !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excited to see what you do with your room, I'm in the process of figuring out what I want to do with our back bedroom, like you with loads of books in it! Library necessary in our next homes me thinks!

    peaas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, you´ve got so nice room! Very inspirative :)
    http://anesagill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the wallpaper but I can see what you mean about everything else looking a little busy next to it :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts