Beauty Empties: August 2013

empties products I have used up finished august 2013 rottenotter rotten otter blog 2 empties products I have used up finished august 2013 rottenotter rotten otter blog 1
Cutex Nail Polish Remover - For some reason my Asda has stopped selling Cutex nail polish removers so I really did want to buy another bottle but I couldn't. For now I'm using an Asda own brand but once I finish that bottle I'll try and find Cutex else where.

Original Source Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel - I love the seasonal scents Original Source come out with but I really wish they'd make them all permanent. Especially this one and the pineapple one from summer last year. I've already bought another bottle.

Lush Dream Cream - I think this is my fourth pot of this stuff and I love it. It's light but moisturising and helps to soothe eczema patches. I will be picking up another tub when I'm next in town and by the Lush shop.

The Body Shop Chocomania Body Scrub - I featured this in my Disappointing Products post so since I'm throwing it away, practically full, I thought I'd pop it in the Empties post as well. It's not often I come across a product that I don't like, especially a bath product, but I really hated this one. It doesn't exfoliate and just turns into a sticky mess on the skin.

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub - This has to be one of my favourite body scrubs of all time purely because of the scent. It smells like coke and lime but it's also a really great scrub. It doesn't leave a oily residue behind but my skin is still left feeling soft and smooth. I already have another tub to use so a repurchase isn't needed yet although I will eventually.

Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Scalp Shampoo - Another shampoo that I can add to my list that actually help my scalp from being itchy. It smells of apples and reminds me of a shampoo I used when I was little. It lathers well and makes my scalp feel really clean but also very soft. I've already bought the full size bottle.

Avene Skin Recovery Cream - It took me a long time to finish this face moisturiser as I didn't really like it.  Despite having very dry and flaky skin, this felt a little a bit greasy on my skin. I also think my skin might have reacted to it but I can't be certain as I try so many different products. Definitely not one on the repurchase list!

Blistex Med Plus Lip Balm - Technically I haven't finished this one but the expiry date says twelve months and I've had this little tub for probably over four years. It was about time I threw it out. I do really like this lip balm and I've used quite a lot of it. I would buy another tub if I didn't already have so many others to finish.

Carmex Cherry Lip Balm - This is another lip balm that I've had for years and when I say years I probably bought it in like 2007 or 2008 so it's about time I got rid of it. I haven't used it for ages anyway and it's probably expired. I prefer this version of Carmex as it smells delicious. Again another one I'd repurchase if I didn't have so many more to use up. Seeing a pattern here? I just have too many products to use!

Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask Sponge - Although not technically an empty but since I am throwing it out I thought I'd include it. These are my favourite sponges to remove face masks, especially clay based masks that dry. They just seem to remove the mask better than a muslin cloth and also exfoliate the skin a little bit. I'm not really sure how long you're meant to keep these before throwing them out but I've had this one for a while and it's looking a little worse for wear. You get two in a pack so I've still got one more to use but I will be rushing out to buy another set once I've finished with it.

Barefoot Rosa Fina Lip Salve* - It looks like I have a lot of product left but without cutting the packaging, I just can't get any more out. This was a good lip balm for during the day as it leaves a nice glossy finish, like lipgloss but without being sticky. The reason I wouldn't buy another one is the price, £12 is a lot for a lip balm that isn't incredibly moisturising.

Blistex Relief Cream - This is another one that I had a tiny amount of product left but I looked at the expiry date and it said March last year! Again, I'd buy another tube of this if I didn't already have a ton of lip balms. I tend to use this one at night as it's more like a cream for your lips and does leave a little bit of a white tint.

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara - Oh how sad I am to see this little mascara tube empty! Surprisingly this has lasted a really long time, probably longer than you should keep mascaras but oh well. I will be buying another tube of this as nothing beats it but for now I'm using a similar mascara that I already had.

Comments

  1. I swear you seem to be finishing products at a very impressive rate! I really struggle! I need to get on it!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Original Source shower gels too! I hate how this always change out the scents though because when I find a really amazing one I get hooked lol

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scents of the Original Source shower gels, I was so sad when I realised I can't use them :(
    The Liz Earle sponge sounds interesting, I'll definitely be looking into those :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts