The Cleanser Wardrobe 001

cleanser wardrobe 001 mario badescu ren nude antipodes rmk rottenotter rotten otter blog
I think it was Caroline Hirons who first talked about and used the term skin care wardrobe and it's caught on. It's a great way to describe a skin care collection as just like the weather, our skin is constantly changing so we can pick out products for that particular problem. Although I do have several toners, serums and moisturisers on the go at the same time it's more the cleansers that I switch between on a daily basis.

Cream Cleanser // I reach for Mario Badescu Cream Soap when my eczema flares up and I want something that I know will not irritate my skin or dry it out even more. I know foaming cleansers are meant to be bad for the skin and although this one does foam up, as the name suggests is feels very creamy and not at all drying. The only down side to this one is that it doesn't remove make-up but I always use a micellar water before cleansing anyway so this doesn't bother me. It has a slight coconut scent to it which I really like. This is also the cheapest cleanser  I own which is an added bonus.

Clay Cleanser // The REN ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser is a pretty new addition to my cleanser wardrobe and was purchased because Elle raved about it for her sensitive and dry skin. I needed a cleanser for days when my skin is more oily and spot prone but one that wont strip my skin and irritate it. I love how this makes my skin feel, it's almost like using a clay mask but one that also cleans my face. Whenever I use this at night I always wake up and can tell a difference in my skin. It also doesn't dry my skin out and doesn't cause that horrible tight feeling like some cleansers that are designed for oily skin can do.

Oil Cleanser // I'm pretty new to oil cleansers, I think I've only tried the Nude Perfect Cleansing Oil and another one. Despite not getting off to the best start with oil cleaners, DHC Cleansing Oil I'm looking at you, I've really been enjoying using this one and it definitely hasn't put me off trying more. This is a great one if I want to take my make-up off and cleanse at the same time as it just melts everything away. Once the oil mixes with water it turns into a luxurious feeling milk and washes away easily leaving no residue behind.

Gel Cleanser // Again, we've all been told to avoid foaming cleansers and the Juliet Gel Cleanser from Antipodes is the one that's as close to a foaming cleanser as I'd use. It foams up a lot, especially if you dampen your face and hands as you use it but it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry. I reach for this one when my skin is looking a bit dull  or feeling more oily as it contains exfoliating extracts and really helps to brighten up the skin and deep clean it. This is probably the best smelling out of the bunch! Despite Feel Unqiue's description of the scent being green apple and cardamon, it's the honey and kiwi that I can smell.

Balm Cleanser // When my skin is feeling dry I reach for the RMK Rose Cleansing Balm. I first discovered this cleanser when I got a mini tub of it in a beauty box and I've loved it ever since. I'm still working my through the mini but I bought the full size with some Birchbox points. Although I will be buying the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm at some point, I'm loving this one for now. It has an amazing rose scent which I find very relaxing and calming. This is another one that emulsifies with water and it just feels nice to use on the skin, one that I actually look forward to using.

Milk Cleanser // I haven't included this one in the photograph as I was using a tiny sample when I put this post together and have since ordered the full size. I've been using the REN Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk in the mornings as it's very light and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. When cleansing my skin can become quite red, not irritated just red, and because this is so soothing and creamy I don't get this problem so it's great for when I need to leave the house pretty quickly.

Do you rotate your cleansers?

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin'

Comments

  1. Great post, Katy! I rotate cleansers between Good Things Creamy Cleanser, L'Occitane's Cleansing Milk and a couple of others x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ren Cleanser sounds awesome. Wanted to try it for ages.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post.
    So many great products on here.
    www.cocoamour.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. really want to try a couple of these!

    http://whaticallbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts