The Repurchases 001

the repurchases 001 rottenotter rotten otter blog
It's not often that I repurchase products as I'm constantly testing different things and trying to find holy grail products. I tend to stick with the same bath and body products but when it comes to skin care and make-up, there's just so many different and new products to try. Recently though I seem to have fallen into quite a happy skin care routine and one that I've actually stuck with for more than a few weeks.

I finished a 500ml bottle of Bioderma H20 Micellar Solution a few months back and instead of buying another bottle I decided to try out the Taaj version. Huge mistake as I'm now trying to force myself to finish it so I can start using Bioderma again. There is nothing better, well one of the Escentual Blind Trial Micellars is coming close but I'm still waiting to find out which one it is, and I have a couple of bottles waiting to be used.

I got a mini tub of RMK's Rose Cleansing Balm in my March Birchbox and I fell in love with it immediately. Before trying this I'd only tried one other cleansing balm, the original formula Boots Botanics Cleansing Balm, so I didn't have too much to compare it to but it was an instant hit. You scoop a tiny bit out, melt it into your hands and massage onto dry skin. I don't use this to take my make-up off, I prefer to use a micellar water. You can rinse it away with water in which it turns into a milk but I prefer to use a warm muslin cloth to buff it away. This doesn't try your skin out or leave it feeling tight, instead it's much softer and hydrated. Before I even finished the mini tub I went out and bought the full size as I had £10 worth of Birchbox points to use which brought it down to about £19.

I always have a bottle of Liz Eye Bright in my stash and have probably gone through about 6 bottles already. I used to use it to take my eye make-up off but it was becoming an expensive habit as I was going through it so quickly. Fast forward a few months and I discovered micellar waters which is what I use instead. Now I reserve this for when my eyes need a good dose of TLC from either long days at work or a nasty bout of hey fever. I simply pour some onto cotton pads and leave them on  my eyes for 10 minutes while relaxing in bed and it works amazingly well. It's also a bit more friendly on my bank account as I'm not finishing the bottle in a matter of weeks.

I still don't count Caudalie Beauty Elixir as a holy grail must have product for me purely because I just can't ignore the alcohol in it but I like it enough and have bought another two bottles.

I love pairing the Vinosource S.O.S Serum with the Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet, both from Caudalie. They are both incredibly moisturising which is perfect for my dry skin but they also feel very light on the skin which is nice for the summer. I also love the scent! I can see myself repurchasing these two for a very long time.

What was your last repurchase?

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin'

Comments

  1. I love repurchasing products, going from the smaller size to the bigger size most of the time - the last one was a Mini Tigi Shampoo to take on holiday as I have the fullsized and love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've repurchased the philosophy purity cleanser a few times, but I think its time to branch out from that one. I always repurchase bath and body works products - sensual amber is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally bought my first bottle of Bioderma ! Love it to death !

    itsamadsmadsworld.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly love your blog, been following for a while and you are one of my fave bloggers!
    I need to get my hands on some bioderma! xx

    http://styleandsplurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts