Upcycled: Shelves

new painted shelves bedroom annie sloan paris grey paint rottenotter rotten otter blog 1 upcycled shelves diy annie sloan paint paris grey rottenotter rotten otter blog
While I was painting the stool I blogged about the other month, I decided to paint some shelves at the same time. After I'd took them down and painted the first coat I realised I hadn't taken a before shot of how they looked. I thought it would be fine as I was positive I had a photo of them. A good search through my computer and blog shows that I in fact don't! These two are the best I could find but you get the idea, they were pine and silver and horrible. I've had them for about 10 years and they definitely aren't my taste anymore.

I used the same Annie Sloan chalk paint in Paris Grey and I think they look a million times better! The horrible and tacky silver things which hold the shelves onto the wall blend in a lot better now. Like the stool, they only need one coat to get a nice even finish and the paint dried incredibly quickly.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts