Mini Reviews 001: La Roche-Posay // FAB // REN // Taaj

mini reviews 003 la roche posay effaclar ai first aid beauty ultra repair cream ren tonic moisture mist taaj micellar water rottenotter rotten otter blog
La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I - I bought this because I've heard everyone raving about it so thought I'd try it for myself. First thing is I hate the packaging! So much product comes out at once I just seem to be wasting the majority of it.  It's a spot treatment and despite everyone raving about it, it just doesn't seem to do anything for my skin. I'll put it on spots at night and when I wake up they'll still look the same whereas is I used something like the Origins spot treatment I'll be able to notice a difference.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - This has probably become my favourite body moisturiser of all time. I don't like to apply moisturiser as it usually feels too heavy on the skin and irritates my eczema. I usually end up scratching in my sleep and wake up with bad flare ups. This feels incredibly light on the skin and sinks in immediately so I've never had a problem with it. I also only need to apply a small amount and my skin will still feel soft and moisturised when I wake up. Although I do usually like scent body products, this one doesn't have a scent so I know this also isn't going to irritate my skin. I feel like giving away all my other body moisturisers and just sticking with this one!

REN Tonic Moisture Mist - I bought this after reading Amelia's notes from a talk by Caroline Hirons she  went to. This tonic was included in the list of products with a Hirons stamp of approval so I quickly added it to my basket. On a side not, REN's customer service is perfect! Free delivery, two samples included and an email to say, within the hour, when your parcel will arrive after only a day or two. The email also included the drivers name which I thought was quite funny. It was Tony BTW.
Onto the product which I have now fallen in love with. The first ingredient is rose water which is what it smells like, and it smells heavenly. It doesn't contain alcohol which is the only thing putting me off adding Caudalie's Beauty Elixir to my everyday routine. I was hoping this would be a great alternative and it certainly is. I like that it's very moisturising as I have pretty dry skin and it just makes my skin feel and look nice.
It contains:
  • Mucilages from Fig Extract - cools and refreshes the skin
  • Ginsengocide from Ginseng Root - boosts energy and decongests skin
  • Hyaluronic Acid from Wheat - binds water into the skin boosting hydration and leaving skin plumped
Taaj Micellar Water - I'll start off by saying this isn't as good as the Bioderma version and once I finish this I'll be buying another bottle of Bioderma. If Bioderma did not exist then this would be my favourite so far. It's great value for money as it comes in a giant 500ml bottle for £16 which is about the same as Bioderma. I also used my Joliebox/Birchbox points to take £10 off the total. It's very gentle on the eyes and doesn't sting at all. It takes off every scrap of eye make-up although I haven't tried it on waterproof mascara as I just don't wear it. It does work on eye liner though! Occasionally I have used this instead of a cleanser and it works pretty well and doesn't dry the skin out but I wouldn't recommend doing this everyday. Just on those lazy days!


Comments

  1. I've been tempted to pick up the REN Tonic Mist, sounds perfect for using in summer :)

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that FAB moisturizer! In the winter time, when my skin gets really dry, I actually use that on my face and its lovely. I haven't tried the REN toner yet, but I have the same concerns about the Caudalie toner, so hopefully I'll like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My delivery driver is Tim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I love that they include their name! It's always the same guy as well, must think I have some sort of shopping addicition with all the parcels I get :) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts