Escentual Micellar Blind Trial - My Thoughts

escentual micellar water blind trial rottenotter rotten otter blog 1 escentual micellar water blind trial rottenotter rotten otter blog 2
As part of the #MicellarBlindTrial from Escentual I was sent 7 anonymous bottles of micellar water to test out over 14 days. After the 14 days we'll fill in a survey and pick our favourite. We've been told which brands have been included but no idea which is which. I've tried two of these already and I know the scent of another one so I'm pretty sure I can guess which those are. The others though I haven't tried and have no idea which one is which, I've pretty much guessed at random.

Sample A - I love the scent of this one, sort of reminds me of parma violets. I liked the feel of the water, it didn't irritate my eyes but did leave them a little bit red which died down pretty quickly. It easily took off my mascara but failed to completely remove all my waterproof eye liner. My guess: Vichy Purete Thermale Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution because it was one of the only ones left to pick from!

Sample B - This has a lovely rose scent which I'm hoping is natural and not perfumed as I don't really like using perfumed face products as my skin is very sensitive. The scent in the bottle is completely different to when you use it on your face and I really hated it. Instead of smelling of nice fresh roses it smelt more of an old lady perfume. It worked well at taking my make-up off but when used to cleanse my skin it left it feeling very tight and dry. My guess: Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals purely because of the name.

Sample C - I knew which one this was as soon as I smelt it as it has a very distinct grape scent which I love. I also used two bottles of it the other week. My guess: Caudalie Make-Up Remover Cleanser Water. It works well in taking off make-up and cleansing the face, not as good as Bioderma but one of the better alternatives.

Sample D - This only has a hint of a scent but it's a very natural scent, so subtle I can't really tell what it is. This one took ages to take my mascara off and it wasn't even waterproof. I ended up using all of the bottle in just one go, taking my eye make-up off and cleansing my face which I haven't yet done with the others. I've managed to get at least two uses out of all the others. It did leave my skin feeling nice though and not at all tight. My guess: Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover

Sample E - Again this has a very subtle, nearly nothing, scent but it's slightly sweet. Out of the five I've tried so far this has been the best at taking off my make-up. It also made my skin feel really nice when used as a cleanser. My guess: Dior Instant Cleansing Water purely because it was one of the last ones to pick from.

Sample F - This doesn't have a scent at all. It removes my make-up with ease and takes off every last scrap. It also doesn't irritate my eyes.  My guess: Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution and I really hope this guess is right because I always say how Bioderma is my favourite.

Sample G - This has the typical La Roche-Posay scent which I'm not a fan of. It was pretty good at removing my make-up but like sample A it struggled to take off my waterproof eye liner. My guess: La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution

Overall I was pretty surprised how well they all worked, I was expecting at least one of them to be rubbish. Some of them did dry my skin out but I don't use micellar water as my cleanser on a daily basis, only as a make-up remover. I really enjoyed this trial and think brands should do this sort of thing more often! I'm excited to find out which is which and if I got any of them right! I'm thinking I've got 3 out of the 7 right but the others are total guesses.

It was hard to pick a favourite as there were two that impressed me the most - samples E and F. I did pick sample F in the end because I needed slightly less product to remove make-up so it would mean the product would last longer.

Comments

  1. I have just bought Bioderma and love it! This is such a great idea to find the favourite without all the hype.

    Gillian from Glam Up Everyday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to buy a new bottle of Bioderma, just need to try and get through a huge bottle of Taaj first :) xx

      Delete
  2. I would have loved to take part in this trial because I am addicted to my Bioderma. I have tried the caudalie one before but I really didn't like it, I felt like it left a film on my skin which my Bioderma one doesn't do.
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Katy,

    It was really interesting reading your guesses! Here are the actual results: http://www.escentual.com/micellar-water-blind-trial

    Hope you had fun taking part xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts