Too Many Clothes But Nothing To Wear

clothes wardrobe rottenotter rotten otter blog
I'm going through a phase at the moment where I seem to hate everything in my wardrobe and cannot find anything to wear. The weather isn't helping as it seems to be changing everyday. One day I'll be in my thickest tights with a jumper and coat and then the next I'll be digging out my sunglasses.

I would like to completely start again with my wardrobe. I would buy clothes that all work together instead of random pieces here and there. When clothes shopping, I've never been good at thinking what else I have in my wardrobe. Instead, if I like a piece I just buy it even though I might not have anything to go with it. I think a good spring clean is in order. Don't get me started on the clothes that are under my bed which I haven't worn for years ...


Comments

  1. Ha I have this argument with myself on a daily basis.

    Ive kinda started to spring clean my wardrobe! Moving into a new flat kicked me in the butt to do it. First I took any clothes that I just didnt like anymore/wear much and whacked them on ebay! - funds for new versatile clothes!

    Now when I buy items of clothing I think of what else I have in my wardrobe that would go with it, can i wear it for a work and play? Once you get into that mind set I think its easy to organise it all....eventually!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it time for a closet purge, ebay and carboot sale time maybe? A good way to get money to begin starting again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so feeling the same way right now! I've starting selling lots of pieces that I love, but never wear. That way I'll have money to start over :) xx
    Cupcakes And Cocaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes a spring clean is a must. you will find so many lost gems that you forgot you had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh this is the story of my life. I keep buying clothes, but every time I get dressed I always say "arrrggg I have nothing to wear" I think it must be a female thing because men never seem to have the same problem :-)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm exactly the same, i tried to sort everything at once but it didnt work. I've started slowly, picking out a few pieces to sell on ebay.

    One technique i've used in the past is to turn all your hangers the wrong way around, then when something goes back in the wardrobe it goes in the right way after you've worn it, then in 6 months get rid of anything that hasn't been worn! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good idea! Definitely going to give it a try, thank you :) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts