Nail Polish Picks: Spring 2013

spring 2013 nail polishes rottenotter blog 1 spring 2013 nail polishes rottenotter blog 2 spring 2013 nail polishes rottenotter blog 3
OPI Skull & Glossbones // OPI The Living Daylights // W.I.P Blueberry // Orly Gumdrop // OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender // OPI Got A Date To-Knight // Orly Cotton Candy.

These are the nail polishes I know I'll be wearing a lot this spring. I'll probably be wearing them right through summer as well but mixing in a few brighter neons. I just love the pastel shades and creme polishes so spring is my favourite time as far as polish goes.

OPI's Skull & Glossbones was a no-brainer for me as it's one of my favourites. It's a grey with a hint of green that works well as a nude.

I've chosen OPI's The Living Daylights as my only glitter for my Spring picks. As it's a mix of colours it goes with everything. I especially love it over Skull & Glossbones either as a top coat or a glitter gradient.

W.I.P Blueberry from Urban Outfitters is a pretty new polish for me. It reminds me of a lighter version of H&M Blue My Mind. The only downside of this polish is that it stinks!!

I haven't gone for one of my usual mint greens this year, Essie Mint Candy Apple or Revlon Minted. Instead I've gone for a slightly darker version, Orly's Gumdrop.

I love pinky purples and Lucky Lucky Lavender has to be one of my favourites. I find they suit my skin tone very well and just look really nice on the nails.

Got A Date To-Knight is on the sheer side so does need about three layers but it's such a pretty colour. It almost has a jelly finish to it.

And finally, Orly Cotton Candy. I rarely find a peach nail polish that suits my skin tone but this one actually looks nice. Again it doesn't have the best formula but one I can ignore because of the colour.

Comments

  1. I love the W.I.P Blueberry. It is such a gorgeous colour. Pretty spring colours!

    Gillian from Glam Up Everyday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Lucky Lavender is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of The Living Daylights!

    http://anna-blush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous picks, I love the look of Orly Cotton Candy, so pretty. Your pictures are outstanding but the way, so clear :)

    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skull & Glossbones is GORGEOUS colour! I love it.

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com | ULTIMATE NAIL GIVEAWAY xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices, love the look of Orly Gumdrops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty. I am looking forward to wearing more Spring / Summer Polishes.
    The OPI Got A Date To-Knight and Orly Gumdrop are my fave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the OPI shades, especially Skull and Glossbones! x

    http://www.bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely picks, those pastel pinks are so pretty :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you please tell me which lens/objective you use for your Nikon DSLR?? Love the blurry effect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a 50mm lens but you can do this with pretty much any lens or camera. Just focus on one product or one part of the photo and the rest should be blurry :) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts