Nail Care: What I'm Using & Manicure Routine

nail cuticle cair hand cream blog rottenotter rotten otters thoughts 4 nail cuticle cair hand cream blog rottenotter rotten otters thoughts 3 nail cuticle cair hand cream blog rottenotter rotten otters thoughts 1 nail cuticle cair hand cream blog rottenotter rotten otters thoughts 2
On a Sunday evening while watching tv or a film, and after washing my hair, I usually give myself a full manicure and pedicure including all the steps I usually miss if I'm painting them any other night. It may seem like a lot but I find it really relaxing and time flies especially if I'm watching a film.

I start off with removing my old nail polish and then I buff my nails so they're smooth and ridge free using The Body Shop Polishing Block. I find nail polish is easier to apply after doing this step and it actually lasts longer. I only do this about once a month though as it can damage the nails if done more often. I'll then soak my hands in some soapy water to remove any dirt and dust for about 5 minutes. I follow up with a hand cream, my favourite being Liz Earle's. Once this has soaked in I take a bit more remover on a cotton pad and wipe over each nail. This dehydrates the nail ready for applying polish, similar to Orlys Primetime. I then apply my base coat, colour and top coat and leave everything to dry completely. I then use a cuticle oil to keep them hydrated which in turn keeps your manicure looking nicer. My favourite at the moment is Nubar Almond Oil but I have just started using one from CND which I really like. During the week I'll apply a balm to my hands and cuticles which I leave on over night as a mini treatment. You wake up with incredibly soft hands!


Comments

  1. This all sounds so relaxing! :) I'm painting my nails 1-2 times a week, but I don't follow your excellent routine.

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paint my nails about twice a week as well but only really do all this on a Sunday. Don't have time during the week after work :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Nubar Almond Oil, it smells amazing! I always forget to apply it though, must make more of an effort xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! I love a good pamper :)

    http://anna-blush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nail polishing bricks are so hand. My husband uses the last shiny step side to polish his wedding band. Is that weird? Maybe...
    ❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of anyone using it for rings before but if it works then perfect! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Oh the Liz earle hand cream sounds lovely! Is it a greasy one or not too much?

    Blushbug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not greasy, you can also buy a travel sized version to see if you like it before buying the full size I have. Also perfect to keep in your bag :) xx

      Delete
  6. The Nubar Almond oil sounds intriguing, have you tried OPI Avoplex ? I am currently using that and it is fabulous! It contains so many different oils and really hydrates and nourishes your nail beds. I also can't live without my OPI Nail Envy. It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just bought Avoplex and so far really like it, I love the scent! I've also just bought the matte version of nail envy to see if I like it better than the original. I really didn't get on with the original :) xx

      Delete
  7. Another great post!
    Jennifer xx
    Please check out my blog at asprinklingofeuphoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah so many lovely sounding things! My hands are a right state at the moment, I definitely need to look into some of these. Lovely post :)

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts