January 2013 Favourites

january 2013 favourites 1 january 2013 favourites 2
I'm normally pretty good with getting my monthly posts up on time but it's taken me forever to find the time to photograph and write my favourites post. I usually have the mornings to do all things blog related, including writing my posts, by the past week or so my shifts at work have changed and I've had a lot of 8am starts instead of my usual 12pm. I'm back to my normal shift today so I've actually had time!

This Works Deep Sleep Stress Less - I've been a lot more stressed this month than usual so this roll on has been a life saver. Just apply this to your pulse points, wrists for me mainly, and let the wonderful scent of lavender relax you. For me the scent of lavender has always been a relaxing and calming one so this does actually work for me. I've been applying it before bed to help me drift off as well.

CND Stickey Base Coat - I think I can safely say I've found my favourite base coat which I never thought would happen. I've had a love-hate relationship with them in the past. This one dries instantly, doesn't cause my polish to bubble, prevents staining and keeps my polish looking good for longer. I also really like the brush as well.

Zoya Polishes - I've been loving Zoya polishes this month, mainly Storm, Blaze and Aurora which I bought at the start of January. I'm waiting for a bit more sun to feature the other two colours on my blog but I did post about Aurora the other day.

Marc Jacbos Daisy Perfume - I'm so glad to have another bottle of this perfume in my life as it's one of my favourites. It lasts all day and is just a happy scent for me, lot's of memories associated with this perfume.

Lush Dream Wash and Dream Cream - With the added stress this month my eczema has gone a bit crazy so I've been using the two Dreams from Lush. Dream Wash is a new discovery for me and one I haven't heard a lot about. It's basically a shower version of Dream Cream. It has the same lovely scent and goodness for the skin but in a shower cream.  It's incredibly moisturising and just feels amazing on the skin. It also works well as a shaving cream especially if you have sensitive skin like me.

After I've used the Dream Wash I'll apply a light layer of Dream Cream which really helps to calm down and heal my eczema. I really wish Lush would sell these small tubs of Dream Cream separately as I can never finish a full size before it goes off.

Lush Twilight Shower Gel - Another Lush product I've been loving this month and I'm so glad I bought some back ups in the sale. This is one of my favourite all time shower gels. I love the malt lavender scent and how nice it feels on the skin.

OPI Expert Touch Nail Polish Remover - I'm not normally one for using expensive nail polish removers but I thought I'd try out the OPI one when I made my Lena White order. Although this wont become a regular purchase for me I've really been enjoying using it. I do notice a difference when removing my nail polish with this compared to my normal cheaper version. It also feels less harsh on my nails.

Avene Skin Recovery Cream - Again, my eczema on my face has been driving me even more wild so I've been using this soothing cream from Avene. It is moisturising, gentle and simple which is just what I need when my skin is feeling itchy.

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest // Hello Cotton // Bloglovin'

Comments

  1. Those Zoya polishes look great! Might need to try that Avene cream - my eczema has spread to my eyelids, wah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no! I have a very stubborn patch on my eye brow which I really don't want to reach my eyes. Hope it goes away for you soon :) xx

      Delete
  2. Marc Jacobs Daisy is such a gorgeous scent! I also love the Lush Twilight shower gel :)


    Http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your favorites, especially the Lush products, their packaging is the cutest! ;)
    I was also thinking of purchasing the This Works Deep Sleep Set a while ago because I have insomnia but I was having doubts whether it would really work out for me..

    Anyway, please also check out my beauty and fashion blog:
    http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My skin is eczema prone as well. I should check out the Avene Skin Recovery cream, I love Avene products, they work very well with my skin. Dream Cream is another good ol stand by too, but lately I have been loving this coconut butter from an all natural brand called Alaffia. If they sell Allafia products at your local health foods store it would be worth your while to check it out. It is so soothing and hydrating and calms all my redness. So amazing. Also, the Dior Hydralife BB Creme is expensive, but is the only product I can use over ezcema with out it looking flaky and irritated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Zoya polishes are gorgeous! Lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Zoya polishes look incredible! Also a big fan of Twilight and Dream Cream too x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking into the thisworks line -- I don't know why, but I've been super restless in my sleep. I'm also thinking of the L'Occitane pillow spray, have you tried that?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts