Homemade Vanilla Sugar Scrub

homemade vanilla body scrub 2 homemade vanilla body scrub 1
I've always been interested in making my own products, I think it stems from making my own soaps as a kid. Also making potions by mixing all the products in the bathroom cabinets, anyone else did this?

I don't know where to start with making my own products though so thought a homemade body scrub would be the easiest. This particular scrub only consists of 3 ingredients and is so easy to make.
450g golden granulated sugar
200ml olive oil
1tbsp Nielson-Massey vanilla extract*
Mix it all up and pour into a cute jar and you've got an instant gift for some one. You can also switch up the scents by adding other extracts or essential oils. I'm thinking a bit of mint extract would work very well!

Comments

  1. I didnt actually realise how easy this would be to do! Definitely going to try this out!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! I'll try it for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely. I am a big fan of Vanilla I think it smells relaxing and fresh. It doesn't sound too complicated. I have always wanted to try and make my own. I get through so many scrubs I really should learn to make my own
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! Thanks for sharing! I need to try this!!


    - Andrea Marie xx
    frominsidemycloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scrub looks beautiful! Are these extracts available in the UK or did you have to mail order them from the US?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts