Glossybox: May 2012 Edition - One Year Anniversary

glossybox may 2012 14 glossybox may 2012 13
This months Glossybox* is pretty special as it's their one year anniversary! I can't believe how quickly it's gone and I can remember how excited I was when my first box came in the post. A year later and I still really like the idea of beauty boxes and am not sick of them yet!

Before I get onto the samples I received in this months box, how cute is the packaging?! This is my favourite so far and just love the illustrations of beauty products and birthday cake. I can just see this working so well as the background for a blog!
glossybox may 2012 12 glossybox may 2012 11 glossybox may 2012 10 glossybox may 2012 9 glossybox may 2012 8 glossybox may 2012 1 glossybox may 2012 7 glossybox may 2012 6 glossybox may 2012 5
Noble Isle Summer Rising Bath & Shower Gel - This has quite a masculine scent which I really like. It has extracts of toning elderflower and antioxidant-charged gooseberry with clean notes of orange blossom, moss and cut grass. Think I'm going to give this a try tonight, it's a nice size too. The full size, 250ml is £20.

Lolita Lempicka L'ea en Blanc & Lolita Lempicka Perfumes - I just love Lolita Lempicka perfume bottles and have been pretty tempted to buy one purely for display! In particular her original scent which is the blue one. L'ea en Blanc is a mix of white violet, raspberry and musk which I'm not really a fan of. But the original I really like which is floral with a hint of licorice flower. Both cost £65 for 100ml.

Murad Clarifying Mask - I've never tried any murad products before so excited to give this a go. I don't have oily skin but will be using this on my t-zone which is where I mainly get spots. Again, this is another great size as it's 30g and the full size costs £35 for 75g.

Uniqone All In One Hair Treatment - I love using hair treatments as my ends are horribly dry so I'll be giving this a go tonight as well. It's a leave in treatment which you can use on either wet or dry hair. It's a cream product in a spray bottle so not too sure how that's going to work!  The full size, 150ml, costs £13.99.

Eledora False Eyelashes - I saw a photo on twitter of someone else false eyelashes they got in their box and was a bit worried as they were covered in glitter. Luckily the ones I have a pretty natural looking! Although I'm usually not one for wearing false eyelashes I'm excited to see how these look. Eledora lashes cost £3.90.

How cute is the little compact mirror that's included! It's perfect timing as my one broke the other week and the mirror keeps falling out of the plastic. Also love the balloon too!
glossybox may 2012 4 glossybox may 2012 3 glossybox may 2012 2
I wasn't blown away with this months box considering it's their one year anniversary but I think that's just because I'm not a huge fake eye lash wearer and would have preferred a proper make-up product like in the first box. You probably can't get much better than Nars orgasm illuminator though.  Ignoring that though, I really like everything else in the box!

Did you get this months box? What did you get in it?

Comments

  1. Great post, I have exactly the same in my box as you have. I must agree I'm not a big fake eye lash wearer, even though I wish I could put them on though. I would've loved to have seen something like a makeup products from the 1st box. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts