Essie Mint Candy Apple - NOTD

essie mint candy apple nail polish notd essie mint candy apple revlon minted comparison I bought Mint Candy Apple as I was hoping it would be a better version of Revlon's Minted which has a really thin and watery formula. I'm also loving mint at the moment and can't get enough of it.

This is from the new Essie diffusion line that is now available in Boots and Superdrug. The bottles are slightly smaller, have a new wide flat brush and a better formula. They also cost £7.99 which I think is a pretty good price.

Now onto the polish its self. In the bottle it looks like a really nice mint colour but once on the nails it looks a lot more blue. I think this is probably just my skin tone but I wish it wouldn't as I really like the formula. It only needed two coats, the first was a bit streaky but then the second evened everything out. It also dried very quickly which really impressed me. From what I've heard this has a much better formula than the original MCA.

Sadly it doesn't compare colour wise to Revlond's Minted. You can see in the comparison photo the difference between the two. Minted is a true mint colour!

As I've already mentioned, these new Essie polishes have a much wider brush which I really don't like. I have very small nails and I just find it hard to use. If it was slightly smaller then it would have been perfect. I do like that it's flat though.

Comments

  1. I love this shade, it's one of my favorite shades eer

    Quemando Fantasias

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a popular shade, and it is really pretty. I have the Mint Candy Apple too, and another good dupe is 17 Mint Choc Chip but that is super streaky and required an extra coat. Do you find that the Essie polishes peel off very easily? I feel like it's just me because no one has mentioned it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I applied mint candy apple this morning and a little bit has peeled off already but that nail was peeling a bit at the top already so don't think that really helped. Apart from that I haven't noticed it too much but I don't have many Essies. I also change my polish every other day so I don't keep them on long enough to really tell :) xx

      Delete
    2. Also could it be your base or top coat? I've used some that make my polish peel off almost immediately x

      Delete
  3. I love this shade so much! Essie polishes are sometimes a bit of a pain to apply though with the size of their brush, I wish it a was a little smaller too x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my all time favourite nail polishes! I absolutely adore Essie nail polishes! :) xx

    Livelaughlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts