Dad's Birthday Present: A Cookie Mix Jar

I don't have a lot of extra spending money at the moment, even been on a shopping ban over the past few months, so I thought I'd make my dad a present instead and one I know he'll love. He doesn't eat chocolate or cake that often because of his diet but has a big sweet tooth just like me and loved the cookies I blogged about the other month.
I've wanted to make a cookie mix jar for such a long time after seeing them on websites like Tumblr and Pinterest so thought my dads birthday would be the perfect time to try it out.

cookie jar 1 cookie jar 3 cookie jar 2


I bought the jar from Asda but I'm not sure on the exact size. All I know is that it's the middle size that they sell and costs about £2. I was only planning to use half the recipe but as I was measuring everything out it didn't look like the jar would be full. Luckily I had enough ingredients so made the full amount.

Obviously I missed out butter, egg and vanilla extract which will be added to the mixture at a later date. I also mixed the bicarbonate of soda in with the flour. I made sure to sieve everything before adding them to the jar as my dad wont be able to do that because of the chocolate.

I then created some labels on photoshop with the instructions on the back. When I next make a cookie mix jar I want to make the front label bigger and a different shape but I just used what I already had in the house to save more money.

Comments

Popular Posts