Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

I've been looking for the perfect cookie recipe for such a long time and I've finally found it. I prefer soft chewy cookies. Like those you can get from Subway or Supermarkets. All the recipes I've tried, even those saying they're chewy, have turned out hard or even cake like.

This week The Guardian has included recipe cards and one of them was for cookies. I tried it last night and it was a success! The best recipe I've found so far so thought I'd share it. These are just chocolate chip cookies but you can add whatever you want to it. The original recipe had brazil nuts and cinnamon in it.

chocolate chip cookies recipe

Ingredients (makes around 20 cookies):
125g unsalted butter, softened
225g light brown soft sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1 medium egg
25g cocoa powder
175g plain flower
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
200g milk or dark chocolate chunks (I used white and milk chocolate chips)

Method:
Heat oven to 180c/gas mark 4.
Mix together butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Beat in the egg then stir in the cocoa.
Add the flour and soda and work until combined.
Mix in chocolate.
Pinch off nuggets of dough the size of a ping-pong ball and roll between your palms until smooth.
Cover a baking tray with baking paper and place cookie balls on it 3-4cm apart.
Bake for 12-14minutes.
Leave to cool for a few minutes then transfer to a rack.


Let me know if you try this recipe and how they went! I think they're perfect and my dad loved them too.

Comments

Popular Posts