Matte Nails

barry m navy nail polish opi last friday night notd layered matteaccessorize aztec nail polish notd matte
opi notd matte nail polish designer series extravagence models own blue lagoon notd nail polish matte I only like to use a matte top coat with certain nail polishes. The formula and application has to be near perfect otherwise the top coat will highlight any imperfections. This happens even if the nails look good beforehand.

The three I have in these photos are Barry M's Navy & OPI Last Friday NightOPI Extravagance, Accessorize Aztec and Models Own Blue Lagoon.

I find glitter or shimmer polishes look best and the topcoat I use is Matte About You from Essie. This is the only one I've used, I love it so haven't felt the need to buy another one. From reading other nail blogs, this sounds like the best one although it is quite expensive. It seems like it gives you the most matte finish and doesn't alter the colour of the polish too much. The glitter polish look almost suede like when a matte topcoat is applied, sort of like the OPI suede polishes.

What I usually do is when I'm about to take off a nail polish I'll put the matte top coat on a few nails to see how it looks. It's a great way to do it so if it doesn't look good it's not going to mess up your freshly painted nails.

Are you a fan of matte nails?

Comments

  1. I only like matte nails over certain polishes too! I've got it over a confetti type polish at the mo and I love the way it looks - kind of like the glitter is encased in frosted glass or something! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one matt nail polish but i always put a gloss coat over it. The nail varnish I am wearing is the yellow one from Rimmel. I have forgotten what shade number/name it is but i think they only have on yellow in their collection. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts