Products I Regret Buying

I always find products I regret buying posts or videos really interesting so thought I do one of my own. I actually found it quite hard, one: I usually read a lot of reviews before buying any products and two: if the product doesn’t suit me/I don’t like it then I usually sell it. Most of these I regret buying because I don’t really use them that much, not that I don’t like them.

Sleek Idivine palette in original – I love these palettes, the pigmentation for the price is amazing but I don’t use this one. I’m not one for bright colours so I have no idea why I bought this one in the first place. In fact I’ve only used the yellow/gold, the rest have only been swatched once. I also don’t use this because a few of the more neutral colours in this palette are similar to the storm palette which I use a lot.

Eyeko fat balms – It’s the packaging I don’t like, it’s too chubby to use directly on the lips and when you twist them up to use parts of the product from the edges fall off. I’ve also found that they start to smell off really quickly and I haven’t had them that long. Anyone else found this?

Barry M lipstick in touch of magic – Yes it is a green lipstick, it turns bright pink once on the lips though. It’s a really nice colour but I haven’t used it much as it tends to stain the lips which I really don’t like.

Dainty Doll concealer – This concealer is from the first lot of Dainty Doll make-up and it’s the formula I don’t like. It’s really drying and tends to settle in any lines and hasn’t got very good coverage. It’s a shame because it’s a great colour and you get a lot of product.

MUA eyeshadow in 4 – I love these eyeshadows but it’s the colour I regret buying. I bought it online, the swatch looked like a grey with a hint of purple but in fact it’s lavender/lilac. I haven’t used it since I bought it because it just reminds of a kids eyeshadow, like light blue eyeshadows. Know what I mean?

Miners sweet lips lip glosses – It’s not that I don’t like these, far from it, I just regret buying three. They’re basically a clear gloss despite looking nicely pigmented in the tube. 

Barry M lipgloss in pastel pink – I hate how this lipgloss looks on me, I think it’s also turned paler since I bought it, now it’s almost white. I’ve tried pairing it with all my lipsticks and it doesn’t look good with any of them.

Rimmel lash accelerator mascara – This is one of two which I really don’t like and wouldn’t recommend. I found that it made my eye lashes fall out so I had lots of gaps, not what I want in a mascara.

What products do you regret buying? Do you like any of the products I regret buying?

Comments

  1. I love the Sleek Original palette and use it everyday. I can see why people prefer the other palettes but I wear blues/greens on my lower lash line so it gets a lot of use!
    My sister has the Barry M Touch Of Magic lipstick and on her it looks really good! It looks awful on me though haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I regret buying the BarryM lippie it looks awful on me x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Louise, yeah I could start wearing it like that, it's a shame because the colours in it are gorgeous but they just don't suit me. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bows and butterflies, it goes too bright sometimes on me :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i actually own all this stuff except the the dainty doll concealer, it's funny because I love all of them, except the rimmel lash accelerator, i found it's claims were very false! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Fern, I find it really interesting how products work for some but don't for others. I didn't like lash accelerator at all :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post. I like to know why people dislike something.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I regret buying the Barry m lippy too. Got carried away by the gimmick x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post as I have a lot of these products and I agree with you! I feel the same about the Sleek palette; I have Storm and use it all the time and rarely open the Original one. I also have some fat balms and I find them so awkward to use! I'm not sure if the Barry M lipgloss is the same one I have (no4) - I love the scent but it's really pale and looks awful no matter how much you blend it out!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I regret buying the Sleek 'Original' palette too, but I bought it when Sleek very first appeared n Superdrug and there was only that and the Chaos palette out. These days I never use it, but only because I have so many other eyeshadows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Caz, it's always interesting to see which products people don't like. I love the storm, it's great for day and night. Yeah that's the same one, doesn't suit me at all! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Lily, yeah same, I'd use it if I didn't have the storm palette :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with you 100% on those fat balms...I loathe the little chubby blighters!!!! Hated the smell, the size, the consistancy, the colour. in fact I don't think I liked a single thing about them!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Ms Wedgie, I liked the smells when I bought them but after a month or so they started to smell horrible. I've actually thrown them away now since taking the photo :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an
    email. I've got some creative ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.
    Have a look at my weblog ... parfum

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts