Alva Organic Lip Balm In Soft Peach

I'm always on the look out for new lip balms, I always have dry lips even in the summer. This one is from Alva and it's really great. It comes in two shades, soft rose and soft peach is the one I have. I can't say what soft rose is like but this one is basically clear despite it being a gorgeous colour in the tube.

The texture reminds me of Liz Earles super balm and Botanics super balm, it melts onto the lips when applied so only a tiny amount is needed.The packaging is great and has a doe foot applicator. It's extremely glossy which some may not like but it's perfect if your lipstick is drying.




The only thing I don't like is the scent, it's very floral and I can see a lot of people not liking it. It doesn't linger once applied though.

Finally, as a lip balm itself it's great for the summer but for winter I feel I'd need something thicker. I don't know if that's just me though and thinking a thicker lip balm will always be better for, know what I mean?

For the price it's a little expensive, if it had more pigmentation then I'd say it would be worth the £7.85.

What's your favourite lip balm?

Comments

  1. This is unusual packaging for a lip balm! Interesting product. I know what you mean by wanting a thicker balm- I find that really thin balms tend to disappear on my lips too soon to keep them properly hydrated.

    My favourite at the moment is the Bobbi Brown Lip Balm SPF 15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jen, it is isn't it, it's more like a lip gloss that isn't at all sticky :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts