DIY lip palette

Over the past month or so a couple of my lip sticks snapped so I decided to make my own lip palette.
I have quite small lips so with some lip sticks it's easier to apply with a lip brush, therefore having a palette is perfect. It also means more space for other make-up if I take it away with me :)
I know people have used eyeshadow palettes and water colour boxes but I bought this pill box from Muji for £1.50 which is a bargain!
Flickr
I wouldn't recommend getting it though if you want to use it as a lipstick palette. There are little gaps between the slots, which if you're not careful when pouring the lipstick, can mean a bit of a mess. I mastered a technique after the first two but it is a bit of a hassle and one that could be avoided by finding a box from somewhere else.
Flickr
As you can see two of them look a bit of a mess compared to the rest, that’s just because I didn’t melt all of the lipstick at the same time. Obviously once used the palette isn’t going to look as neat.
Flickr
Flickr
For now I just have a piece of masking tape on the back with the lipstick names, this is just temporary until I find some nice labels or something like that.
Have you made your own lip palette? Been thinking of doing one? Let me know!
If you want any swatches just leave me a comment :)
xoxo

Comments

  1. Great idea, i have been thinking of making one for a while but i dont get round to it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nicoletta, I know I don't think I would have got round to doing it if a couple of my lipsticks didn't snap due to the warm weather. I saw Mushine's, http://bubblegarm.blogspot.com/search/label/DIY , posts on her lip palette and DIY jobs and thought it looked really good :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very organised - I'm impressed! I'd be too scared to melt my precious lipsticks down though!

    http://make-me--beautiful.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours looks really good! I've been thinking about having a go at this myself but all the pill boxes I've found have the days of the week printed on the top on the box. The Muji one looks like it's plain...and at £1.50 that's much cheaper than Boots etc.

    I might have to buy an apron as well though beacuse I know i'll end up making an almighty mess! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. definetly going to give this a try xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really cool idea!
    I just found your blog i really like it, have spent some time looking back through your posts i hope we get that much snow in liverpool this year as i just moved here
    Alex
    http://alexslifeafter20.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Olivia, thanks! Can't say I thought of the idea myself but I did it myself :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Tabitha Bluebell, Most of these are cheap Natural collection ones so if it went wrong I wouldn't have wasted too much money. Luckily it all went smoothly :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Ms Wedgie, Yeah I'm glad it hasn't got the days, it's probably because a lot of Muji products are multi-purpose. You do have to pay postage which is like £3-4 which makes it a tad more expensive :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Dollie-daze, if you do link me to a post/photo! I'd love to see :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Alexandra aww thank you! I hope we get a lot of snow this year too!! I love it so much, I'm like a little kid haha :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts