Review: The body shop Hemp hand protector

I first bought this cream at a Body Shop party at my mums friends house a couple of years ago and have used it constantly since. You can tell how loved this tube is as it’s really battered. I haven’t got much of this one left so I’ll have to get a back up soon for the summer.
IMG_1301
The body shop describes this as “Hemp seed oil - Has an unusually high concentration of essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin's moisture barrier thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness. Allantoin - Helps to relieve and soothe dry skin. Panthenol - Is proven to improve flexibility of the nails, helping to reduce flaking and breakage”
Their tip is “To intensify the treatment, apply the Hemp Hand Protector and then wear The Body Shop Moisturising Gloves overnight to seal in the moisture.”
What I think: This cream is too thick to use on my hands on a daily basis, I have another cream for that, but it is great for over night treatments. I use this mostly for my feet. In the summer I walk around everywhere in bare feet, with exceptions obviously, my feet are far from sensitive.  I put this down to me walking around bare feet for a whole two weeks every time I went away to Monkton Wyld with my family. Because of this I do get really dry heels and this cream has been a life saver.
It is amazing if you have dry/cracked heels. I usually use this as an over night treatment as it is quite thick. What I do is apply a thick layer of the cream to my feet and then put socks on and go to bed. It is really simple and you will see a huge difference even after the first application!
It contains cannabis sativa but doesn’t smell like what you think it would. I can’t really describe the scent but it’s really nice, smells quite natural.
You can buy the hemp protector specifically for your feet but it’s in a tub and I just find the tube easier, you can get the right amount out without touching any of the other product. They are the same price and basically the same ingredients.

Price: £10.00 for 100ml, a small amount goes a long way.

Re-buy? I always do!
xoxo

Comments

  1. i've heard a lot about this before and have real faith in body shop products.

    my hands have been quite dry through out the winter and i've been really slack with moisturising them. maybe if i spent £10 on this it would push me to do so :)

    great review lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Abbzzw Yeah, I've grown up using body shop products and haven't used one I didn't like!

    £10 seems quite expensive but mine lasts a really long time, you could always go in and ask for a sample maybe, that way you could try it a few times before buying :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi its TAK from BeautyJudge.
    Finally getting round to following everyone's blogs!

    TAK

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the heads up! as a hairdresser from AZ my hands can use all the moisture they can get! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tak I haven't written a review on beauty judge for ages, will have to soon :) xx

    @BB It really is a great moisturiser xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts