My first Mac palette

I’ve always been tempted to buy something from Wayne’s blog sales (Gossmakeupartist) as they are always so cheap! His last sale I took the plunge and bought a Mac eye shadow quad for only £13 including first class shipping! Amazing price! If I were to re-buy these I would have to pay £34.50! I was torn between two quads but didn’t want to get both as they were very similar.
These are my first Mac eye shadows and I’m super excited to use them! I will take photos of swatches tomorrow when I can use natural light to try and show the right colour.
So what I got:
 IMG_1179
I think I might buy one of the large palettes sometime this year so this little palette will be great for taking away with me if I only want a few colours.
The top-left shadow only has half the label on the bottom, you can only see parts of the letters. After looking on the website I’ve come to the conclusion this is Girlie. The website describes it as soft muted rosy-pink with subtle shimmer (Satin) which it is.
The top-right shadow is Sweet Lust which is described as pink rose water (Lustre).
The bottom-left is Dazzlelight which is described as neutral with silver/copper reflects (Veluxe Pearl).
And the bottom-right shadow is Bisque which is described as soft muted pinky-beige (Matte).
It looks like only bisque has been used  but you can hardly tell with that one. I’m glad I only have one matte in this quad as I like a little bit of shimmer. I also don’t have any of these in my coastal scents neutral palette either.
I used this palette for New years eve for a really nice and subtle look. I didn’t take any photos though for some reason but I’m sure I’ll be doing the look again. I used dazzlelight as a highlight, sweet lust all over the lid and girlie in the outer corner and added some mascara.
xoxo

Comments

  1. I wanted to come by and thank you for following my blog!!

    ps...I love Mac :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my first Mac eyeshadows not long ago too yay. I've got Girlie somewhere, I'll find it and check. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Casey No problem you have a great blog!

    @Lu I'm pretty sure it is, I couldn't find any other name to fit in with the little bit of letters I can see

    @Girlwiththegoldentouch I know right! I just wish I bought more :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts