A bunch of packages

I had a bit of money that I had saved left over so I made a few well deserved orders. I’ve finished two project 10 pans and I haven’t bought anything to replace or celebrate finishing those items. I made sure I only bought things I needed or didn’t have.
First off was replacing all the mascaras I’d finished. I’m currently using Benefit’s Badgirl lashes and L'Oreal Telescopic, both of which I’d say I’m half way through them. I like to have back-ups as I wear mascara on a daily basis even if I don’t wear any other make-up, it’s also sometimes hard to tell when your mascara will finish or go bad. I’ve wanted to try Eyeko’s mascara for quite a while now especially after watching Gemma’s review video on it. I ordered the original along with the new Magic mascara.
 IMG_1008
I ordered off the site as I’m not sure my Superdrug stocks Eyeko and since they offer free delivery it saved me paying bus far. Delivery was fairly quick, I ordered Saturday afternoon and it arrived this Wednesday morning.
First impressions – I love the look of both tubes, really unique! The original mascara’s brush looks interesting, it’s got two spiral strips of bristles (that probably doesn’t make sense but it does in my head :) ), one set longer than the other. The magic mascara’s brush is much bigger, one end is smaller than the other for the inner and outer lashes which are always a bugger with larger brushes. The original costs £6 and the magic one costs £9.
I also used my ambassador code to receive a free gift. With my last order I received one of their face wipes which didn’t work well with my skin so I’m glad I didn’t get one of them again. Instead I got the Rosy pink lip gloss in the little tin which has a really cute label. I really don’t like this gloss, it smells a bit odd and I really can’t place it. I think it smells like the baby all gooen food if anyone remembers them? Not a pleasant smell to me anyway. The lid is also really hard to get off and doesn’t close properly. I’d expect a bit more from a product that cost’s £4 even if I didn’t pay for it. After one use I’m definitely not using it again, it was horrible! I don’t think I could even put it up for swap on MUA it’s that bad!
                                                                                       
I also won a giveaway hosted by Lauren Loves… where she collaborated with ASOS for this giveaway. The prize I was sent was Benefit’s Powderazzi which is a  powder trio. This is my first blusher/bronzer from Benefit so I’m really excited to try them out properly.
IMG_1011 The three powders you get are Coralista which is a blush, Hoola which is a bronzer and Dallas which gives you a nice glow. I thought Coralista was going to be a much more vibrant colour but it’s actually really wearable. The slight peach tones in it will really compliment my skin tone and hair colour. I’m always a bit wary of bronzers, as I’m so pale I’m always conscious my skin will look dirty. Blended in well I don’t think I’ll have this problem with Hoola, I also love the fact it’s matte. From a quick swatch Dallas looks like a mix between the other two and is really pretty.  I love the little brush that comes with it, obviously too small for a good application but it looks cute in the box. Like all other Benefit products, the powders are presented in a gorgeous box, small enough to fit in your handbag for on the go touch ups. Overall it looks to be a really good product, it’s great for me as it gives me a chance to test out the powders before purchasing the full sizes.
IMG_1014 I also received one of the limited edition Vintage Bourjois eye shadows. The colour is 08 Beige Rose, this is the perfect colour for me, one that I can wear everyday or combined with other shadows. I’d say its a champagne colour. I adore all things Parisian and the little design on the lid is gorgeous. I definitely want to buy the other vintage eye shadows and build a little collection. They’re really pigmented and are a reasonable price.
IMG_1013
                                                                                    
 IMG_0988
I really wanted a grey nail varnish but the only one I have is shimmery which I didn’t want. I liked the look of Barry M’s grey nail paint and at £3 I couldn’t go wrong. It seemed stupid to pay the postage for one item so I bought a lip gloss tube as well, I chose 04.
IMG_1003
                                                                                     
In one of the emails from ASOS was a £5 off orders for £20 and over. As I was really impressed by the tights I got earlier so I ordered two more pairs a long with one of the ASOS nail paints by Ciate. I got Pixie as it looks like it’ll be that lovely Tiffany green colour which makes me happy :) I’m tempted by the Katy nail paint they’ve just brought out but I don’t like the colour. To make my order £20 I bought the black Barry M nail paint as I love black nails but don’t own a polish.
IMG_1001
As you can see it’s so much darker than the Tiffany blue and more green. I emailed ASOS to see if I could send it back and get a refund but they said I’d only get £1 back as I used a code. I may try it out to see if I like Ciate but it’s just not a colour I’d wear. 
IMG_1017 I have this nail paint on today and I love it just as much as the grey!
Hmm this post was kind of long! All my parcels seemed to arrive at the same time! After I’ve used all these products a fair few times I’ll be writing a review for each.
As I bought quite a lot over the weekend I’m going to start a new project 10 pan, I really do love doing these :)
xoxo

Comments

  1. What a great post, youre a lucky girl winning all that stuff! I have Hoola and Dallas. Being a pale lass too I apply very slowly and genlty And blend! Lots!

    :) Emma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts