Busy busy busy

I have a tiny strawberry plant in the garden which produces around 3 strawberries a year but all get each by either birds, snails or slugs. Every year Im always excited to eat the strawberries as I've been watching them slowly grow but never learn to eat them before the animals get them. So this year as soon as I saw a strawberry growing I took the plant pot and put it by the window in my front room and look what grew! This is the first strawberry and it was huge, I ate it today and it was perfect. Theres 3 others growing at the moment and I can't wait to eat them.


My brother asked me and my mum to make this cake for his birthday tomorrow, we said yes and immediatly regretted it when looking at the recipe. It is a chocolate and caramel baked cheesecake and all the measurmeants where in cups (american) so that was a struggle to convert. Mark wanted the perfect biscuit for the crumb layer at the bottom and sides and the nearest buscuit we found were oreos so I was given the task to scrape off the middle cream bit so we could use the biscuit sides. After an hour and a half getting it ready it finally went in the oven. It doesnt look anything like a normal cheesecake, looks more like a spongecake but I'm intrigued to try it, I've never liked baked cheesecakes, maybe this will be the first to change my mind ...

Comments

Popular Posts